Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crapwagon Outtake: ZHP SMG

68f79738-f89a-4ed7-9298-7f71e6d9bb44

For some time now, I've had the notion that I'd like a BMW – and a specific one at that. I want one with a manual transmission, a naturally aspirated I6 and hydraulic steering. Finding one isn't exactly hard, but finding a good one is very tough. So much so that I nearly pulled the trigger on one of the last 128i 6-speed manual coupes to come to Canada. The dealer offered me some rather generous terms, but my overriding distaste for owning a rapidly depreciating asset (128i residual values are flaccid, to put it mildly) ended that idea. The next best thing, according to former E46 330i Sport owner Jack Baruth, is a used E46 330i Sport.

My search hasn't been terribly fruitful. Most E46s BMWs in my area are overpriced, overmiled and purchased by an owner base that really, really must have the badge but has no interest in maintaining the vehicle. A very nice, low kilometer 330i ZHP Sedan with an SMG. Personally, I am scared of the potential operating costs of an SMG box, not to mention it wasn't exactly the last word in smooth shifting or performance. A shame too: I love the color, the sedan body style and the price is fair considering the market and its condition. This is emphatically not a crap wagon. But it's enough to scare me off.



from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive