Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Housekeeping: I Don’t Like It Any More Than You Do

My reluctance to even consider banning or otherwise silencing members of the B&B has become so well-known that a few of you have taken to making fun of me about it. The truth is simply that I value every member of the TTAC community. You're too valuable to lose, and I try to keep sight of that fact.

Some men, however, you just can't reach.

Since instituting our no-ban policy, I've reached out to six different commenters who consistently strayed past the boundaries of courtesy in their interactions. Five of those six times, I've been able to come to an agreement with the individual in question and they've been able to keep contributing. However, my conversations with the person known as agenthex and u mad scientist haven't been as productive as I'd hoped. Therefore, he's gone as of right now.

I dislike a public hanging nearly as much as the need for it, so in the future we are not going to do a post every time we ban someone. The purpose for this post is simple: I want to apologize to you, the B&B, for my failure to control this person and my failure to redirect his obvious passion for the automotive hobby into a less destructive channel. I'm hoping that this is the last time I do something like this. Thank you for participating at TTAC. You're all important to us, and to me.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive