Wednesday, January 30, 2013

TTAC Future Writers Week: The Winners Get Their First Assignment

 

You noticed that I needed to catch my breath a bit from TTAC's Future Writers Week.  The results still have me breathless. At the start, I thought with seven a day, I probably have enough until Friday. Was I ever wrong.

Even extending the event by two more days  due to overwhelming popular demand, I still have enough candidates for another few weeks. Don't despair:  Your works will be presented to the ruthless readers of TTAC, in the future, after we have digested that whale of a contest.

After a grueling week, 19 writers join the ranks of TTAC, which makes Thetruthaboutcars not only the carsite with the best readers, but most probably the carsite with the most writers.

Here is the final list:

TTAC's Future Writers
Name Contestant Ranked Day
Michael Trainor 4 1 Monday
George William Herbert 7 2 Monday
Grant Tillery 1 3 Monday
Matthias Dean-Carpentier 20 1 Wednesday
Andrew Nevick 16 2 Wednesday
Evan Reisner 19 3 Wednesday
Matt Oppen 22 1 Thursday
William Simonsick 23 2 Thursday
Sean Scoggins 24 3 Thursday
Jeremiah Cayce 32 1 Friday
Jeff Snavely 35 2 Friday
Thomas M Kreutzer 29 3 Friday
Keith Kostecke 39 1 Saturday
Derek Young 41 2 Saturday
Michael Stephenson 36 3 Saturday
Billy Pollock 49 1 Sunday
Dan Reitman 46 2 Sunday
Matt Horsfield 48 3 Sunday

Not to forget David Hester, Contestant 31, who earned the highly coveted  Editors Choice Award on Friday. Should I ever get a ticket in Canada, I will drop your name, David, and I expect the ticket to be dropped.

Also do not forget: There were no winners on Tuesday. Tuesday was deemed an awful day by our jury. My condolences to Paul and Mike, who may have been disqualified by association.

Many of  TTAC's new writers already wrote and said: "What now? When do I start? How do I start?"

Here is your first assignment:

  • Finish the winning story.
  • The snippet that was quoted during the contest must be part of the story, verbatim. Everything else is up to you.
  • The story should have anywhere between 400 and 800 words. Please not longer.  Also include one short paragraph that introduces you: Who are you, what do you do, where do you live.  Please send the stories to my personal email, which will be given to you in a few days, along with more instructions.
  • Deadline: Saturday, February 9, 2013

Start wirting! (And please, use a spell checker.)



from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive