Saturday, October 3, 2009

10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911


After a couple of days of rain, the sunshine, and our repeated laps of the 10Best loop, brought out our local county sheriff who was less than amused with our flagrant dismissal of recommended speeds and speed limits. Three of us were pulled over and two of those three received a ticket. What cars you [...]


Related posts:
  1. 10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911
  2. 10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911
  3. 10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual

2010 Porsche 911 Carerra


After a couple of days of rain, the sunshine, and our repeated laps of the 10Best loop, brought out our local county sheriff who was less than amused with our flagrant dismissal of recommended speeds and speed limits. Three of us were pulled over and two of those three received a ticket. What cars you ask? The victims were the Mustang GT, the Volkswagen GTI, and the Porsche 911. The rest of our crew escaped having to experience the sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see flashing lights in the rear-view mirror.


I have to admit that I was one of the three, but I didn’t get a ticket despite being behind the wheel of a Guards Red (do they still call it Guards Red? What’s that K.C.? They do?) 911. First of all, I wasn’t going ridiculously over the speed limit when I crested a hill and saw the Crown Vic. According to the officer, he “clocked” me at 57 mph or 12 mph over the limit. When asked if I knew how fast I was going, I guessed that I was a 5 over the 45 mph limit. Fortunately, the officer didn’t witness some of the speeds I’d achieved earlier—those would have likely landed me in the backseat of his Crown Vic. The others were not as fortunate, but the officer was generous enough to give them quite a break and only write them up for five over.



Next year I ’ll have to follow the advice of our editor and drive the fast cars on the first day, before the locals start complaining, and before the cops start patrolling.


Our 10Best winners will be announced in our January 2010 issue. Please check for it on newsstands on December 5.




Related posts:

  1. 10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911
  2. 10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911
  3. 10Best Test Notes: 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual




No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive