Friday, June 26, 2015

Crapwagon Outtake: Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE

$_57

My wife tells me that I'm not allowed to own an RX-7.

To be fair, there are any number of cars I'll likely never own due the the varied circumstances of life and wallet, but Mazda's rotary wonder, generally available for a budget price, is off limits due to the misadventures of relative youth. More details, someday, when I've recovered from the tetanus.

Yesterday, I happened upon an eBay auction for, arguably, the most desireable of the first-generation RX-7, the GSL-SE. These "five-letter" cars are the only ones with the larger, more powerful, fuel-injected 13B engine. The model also added a limited slip, larger brake discs, and more luxury features. This one also carries the limited "IMSA TARGA-7″ package, which appears to be mostly tape stripes and an aluminum-looking faux-targa bar cover for the B-pillar. The car has been repainted, and generally looks good. Even the velour bordello red interior looks clean.

Then my daily Bring A Trailer email came through.

1984-Mazda-RX-7-GSL-SE-Front-900x636

Another five letter RX-7, this time a white '84 model with lower miles and red leather. This one is even nicer than the black '85, with mostly original paint and functional air conditioning. While white cars are not my favorite, I'll admit this one is stunning.

I'm curious what you, the faithful Crapwagon readers, think of these cars – especially the selling price. The black car on eBay has a Buy it Now price of $9,900. I'd imagine the reserve is closer to $8k. My guess – the white car will pull about a grand more than the black one, assuming it sells.

What sayeth the B&B?

The post Crapwagon Outtake: Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE appeared first on The Truth About Cars.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive