Saturday, May 30, 2015

Crapwagon Outtake: 2000 BMW M Coupe

BMW M Coupe

As should be quite clear from my previous Crapwagon ramblings, I like weird cars. My current garage, however, is quite boring, with a domestic minvan and SUV, and a rusty/immobile Miata. For the last four years, my automotive wanderlust has been mostly sated by writing for Bring A Trailer. I've been able to stave my funky automotive cravings by writing about the cars rather than inviting a call from a divorce attorney.

There are a few cars that make me consider that tradeoff. Near the top of the list: an E36/8 Clownshoe, otherwise known as the M Coupe. Those massive flares, the short wheelbase, and the MGB GT-aping hatch make me feel all tingly. I followed a trailered, caged M Coupe last weekend for a while (I'm assuming it was headed to a trackday at Mid Ohio) and it gave me rather dirty thoughts.

This one is in Estoril Blue, my second favorite (behind Technoviolet) BMW hue of all. It has less than 60,000 miles on the odometer and is basically stock. The limited production numbers seem to be driving prices up, sadly out of reach of my meager wallet. I doubt these will reach 1M levels of insanity, but I can see $45,000 for a clean, low-mileage example like this one in about five years.

The post Crapwagon Outtake: 2000 BMW M Coupe appeared first on The Truth About Cars.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive