Tuesday, November 25, 2014

TTAC AMA: I Own An Alfa Romeo 4C

DSC04704

This week, TTAC reader vaujot from Frankfurt am Main chimes in.

To start, you may wonder why I bought this car.

Two reasons:
Firstly, I am an Alfista. I have memories of sitting in my uncle's Giulia sedan as a five-year old and the unusual smell of leather interior (he eventually gave up on Alfas, they're not well suited for Swiss winters). Since eight years, I own a 1962 Giulia Spider and through this have made the acquittance of nice and interesting fellow Alfa owners. I think it is great that they again make a car that you can drive to a meeting of Porsche owners and get compliments.

Secondly, the car is special. I see Porsches around where I live all the time. Some of my neighbors don't even bother to keep them in a garage, parking on the street instead. In contrast, I have only once met another Alfa 4C owner and that happened after making an appointment via the 4C-forum. We met at the Nürburgring.

Alfa treats the car and its buyers as special, too. When you take delivery, you get a box containing an owners card, a key ring, a memory stick (the long users manual is stored, there) and a leather-bound folder including among other things a few photos that according to the salesman show the making of your very car.

In Europe, the 4C is sold as a low-volume model. They may only sell 1000 cars a year and it is exempted from certain regulations (I think pedestrian impact, side airbags and, of course, noise – the car is embarrassingly loud in town). Each car gets its own numbered certificate of conformity and mine is number 604 out of 1000 for this year.

Looking forward to your questions.

DSC04704 DSC05336 DSC06434_jiw DSC06435_jiw DSC06436_jiw DSC06437_jiw DSC06438_jiw DSC06439_jiw DSC06441_jiw DSC06442_jiw DSC06443_jiw DSC06444_jiw DSC06445_jiw DSC06446_jiw DSC06447_jiw DSC06448_jiw DSC06449_jiw

The post TTAC AMA: I Own An Alfa Romeo 4C appeared first on The Truth About Cars.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive