Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ford Sources Say Derek Is Wrong About New Ford GT

ford-racing-debuts-new-ecoboost-v-6-race-engine-for-daytona-prototype_100442361_l

Bob Lutz is not the only one who is "often wrong, never in doubt". When I penned my Ford GT editorial, I had a pretty sound case for believing that the latest reports of a successor to Ford's supercar were little more than clickbait. By usually reliable sources inside the Blue Oval seemed to concur. And then I got a phone call from someone who is placed highly enough to know.

It turns out that our sources didn't initially see any indication of a new GT program because it's not being done through the usual channels. It will be a *very* limited product car, of around 300 units, and built by a third-party like Multimatic. Power will come from a 3.5L Ecoboost, to maintain a connection with Ford's sports car racing program. The car will be priced as you'd expect a limited-production 300-unit halo car to be priced.

N.B. The identity of the source checks out, but there is still the chance that it could all be a bunch of BS misinformation. However, I felt it prudent to put this on the public record in case I am wrong. My obligation to you, the readers, comes before my own pride/ego.

The post Ford Sources Say Derek Is Wrong About New Ford GT appeared first on The Truth About Cars.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive