Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Alright, Jalopnik, We’ll See Your 320i and Raise You

Last week, Matt Hardigree suggested that new-car intenders consider the 320i ZSP + ZMT, which offers a staggering 180 horsepower and a stick shift for a middling $35,000 or thereabouts. I'm personally very excited by this because I learned how to drive in a BMW with about the same weight, power, and sticker price. On the other hand, it's a considerable step backwards from the 330i Sport I had from 2001 to 2004, so maybe not.

Since we're big Jalopnik fans here at TTAC, we're going to put our money where their mouth is. Plus a little.

I've been riding BMX and mountain bikes with my pal "El Jefe" since 1998 or thereabouts. In those years, I've driven him all over the Midwest in conveyances ranging from an '82 Quantum Coupe to a Range Rover 4.0S. It's time for him to return the favor, so he's placed an order for the car you see above — a 328i M Sport in Estoril Blue. We'll be doing all the stuff you aren't supposed to do in a press car, like bouncing it off the speed limiter and jumping it off curbs and who knows what else. And when all that's over we'll give you, the TTAC reader, a chance to buy it.

I wouldn't do that, were I you.

The order is "locked" but not built yet, so if anybody has a convincing reason why it shouldn't be specced like you see, speak now or forever hold your peace.



from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive