Wednesday, July 11, 2012

How To Buy A New(er) B13 Nissan Sentra SE-R For $2,887

In response to a comment regarding Nissan's social media plans for product development, and the revival of the B13 Sentra SE-R, I felt that I should share this nugget of gold with any readers adventures enough to go marauding in Mexico in pursuit of a well-preserved sport compact.

Once upon a time, a friend of mine was dating a Mexican national, and had planned to bring back a mint air-cooled Beetle to turn into some kind of Baja off-road racer. I had always been interested in the Mexican version of the B13 Nissan Sentra, known as the Tsuru after reading Sport Compact Car's infamous "Nissan Tsuru Review"  (perhaps one of the formative pieces that made me want to write about cars)

A little digging around online (and my poor High School-level Spanish) led me to find that the Sentra SE-R had continued on years after its 1991 demise. The Tsuru GSR-2000 was essentially the legendary B13 SE-R with a funny name. They tended to be in the $3,000-$5,000 range a couple years back, but the end of my friend's relationship put my plans to rest before logistical issues could torpedo them for good.

Today's comment led me to Google search again, and prices haven't moved much at all. SE-R's of any stripe are impossible to find in the snowbelt (save for the impostor, QR25 powered versions) and the rest seem to have been turned into race cars. If I had some time, a trailer and no semblance of financial responsibility, I'd be tempted to head down and bring one back with me. You can't even get a decent Civic for 38,500 pesos!

 



from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive