Thursday, April 30, 2015

QOTD: What’s The Best Car For Learning Auto Mechanics?

mechanic house call

With the proliferation of technology in newer cars, getting a grasp on the basics is a good plan before tackling anything else. Older cars provide just that. But, what car is best for learning the basics of auto mechanics?

I'm not going to lie and say I'm gifted with a wrench, because I'm not. Give me a mechanical problem to solve and my mind spins like a 20 G centrifuge. That's not to say I can't handle the basics, though: oil, brakes, and other simple wear items are fairly easy to learn when you own a clunker. But, if there's a sound coming from the engine itself, I'm absolutely clueless.

I've owned two vehicles in particular that have taught me much more than I'd ever thought I'd know. One was a 2000 Honda Civic this author admits to lowering during his formative douchebag years. The second, and on the completely opposite end of the size spectrum, was my 1995 Ford Bronco. It was a big, beast of a truck. If you were looking for a particular part attached to your Bronco and couldn't find it, you were probably having a diabetic eye stroke. Everything was massive.

So, Best & Brightest, what vehicles in your life have taught you (or maybe the ones around you) the most about automotive mechanics?

The post QOTD: What's The Best Car For Learning Auto Mechanics? appeared first on The Truth About Cars.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive