Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Moment Of Reflection

Click here to view the embedded video.

Two weeks ago we had a horrific accident here in Buffalo. It was the end result of a street race that saw a 47 year old man trapped in the wreckage of his car and burned alive.

 

By all accounts both cars involved in the race were out of control, careening around the city at high speed and driving the wrong way up one way streets. Police began and then discontinued their pursuit when they determined the danger was just too great but the continued on. Eventually, one of the cars smashed through a guardrail and fell onto a local limited access highway where it landed in astride a cement jersey barrier and burst into flames.

Although I never met the driver involved, I think about him and the events of that night every day on my way to work when I drive over the piece of melted pavement that remains. It is, I think, a waste. A life cut short in a moment of madness, but rather than pontificate on the dangers of street racings, I thought I would offer up the event for discussion. I know that I am left speechless when I think about how I drive that route multiple times a day.



from The Truth About Cars http://ift.tt/Jh8LjA

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive