Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Pitstop

Picture courtesy Team Skullcandy

This isn't quite in time for Father's Day, mostly because it took me a little bit of time to get permission to use the photos, but these photos of club racer Mark Domo and his son Tyler working the pitlane at the recent Grand-Am Continental Challenge are timeless examples of how motorsports bring generations of men together.

 courtesy Team Skullcandy

Mark wrote to me that he and his son

… were given the honor of being part of the pit crew for the Grand Am races at MidOhio Sports Course.

It was a great opportunity to spend time with my son and to share some of my passion. It was my son's first exposure to a race of this magnitude. While my boys accompany me to club racing events, neither of my boys had ever been to a pro racing event like this. We had Tyler help us with miscellaneous tasks in the paddock and had him operate the "lollipop" which makes the pit space more visible as the car pulls into pit row.

Courtesy Team Skullcandy

Courtesy Team Skullcandy

Courtesy Team Skullcandy

Courtesy Team Skullcandy

I can't wait until my son's old enough to work a pitlane with me… and by "work a pitlane with me" I mean "do tire changes during NASA enduros and help me from my wheelchair to the race car."



from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive