Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Name That Car Clock: Round Analog

We saw a Porsche 944 clock in yesterday's Name That Car Clock challenge, and today we're going to dig even deeper into my big collection of automobile timepieces for a really tough one. I love the look of this clock so much that I bought it knowing it didn't work (I bring a 12-volt battery pack to the junkyard when I'm hunting clocks). You decide what year/make/model vehicle gave me this clock, then make the jump to see if your guess was correct.

1965 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88

GM clocks of the 1960s used a solenoid-wound spring mechanism that probably didn't last three years in most cars, but the guts are so simple that I should be able to fix it… someday. Did you see the GM-ness of this clock?

3 - Car Clock of the Day - 03 - Picture courtesy of Phil 'Murilee Martin' Greden 1 - Car Clock of the Day - 03 - Picture courtesy of Phil 'Murilee Martin' Greden 2 - Car Clock of the Day - 03 - Picture courtesy of Phil 'Murilee Martin' Greden

from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com




ifttt puts the internet to work for you. via task 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive