Thursday, May 30, 2013

John Phillips: Okay, So Maybe a Test Drive Isn’t Such a Good Idea

John Phillips: Lake Effect

Last month, I discovered that 21 percent of U.S. car buyers eschew any sort of test drive, and I pedantically waved the metaphorical finger of shame. I mean, when I was a kid, I wouldn't even shoplift red licorice unless I sampled its freshness first, which was actually two crimes, although I always pleaded double jeopardy. Of course, it's also true that, for some shoppers, a test drive is a bad idea, like studying your hospital bill. Test drives can be a petri dish for vehicular mayhem. Among drives gone wrong, my favorite belongs to Keith Bransford, 55, now retired in Maui. Thirteen years ago, however, he was a mechanic for Porsche's race team, Champion Racing, in Pompano Beach, Florida. Here's how Keith remembers it: READ MORE ››



from Car and Driver Blog http://blog.caranddriver.com




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 647533

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive