Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I’m Thinkin’ Lincoln: Ruminations on the Brand from the Only Auto Journalist Who Owns a New(-ish) One

I'm Thinkin' Lincoln: Ruminations on the Brand from the Only Auto Journalist Who Owns a New(-ish) One

-

Car launches follow a standard template: Fly somewhere, check into a hotel, spend a day driving, and then regale your fellow gout-ridden hacks with bawdy lies while an attentive waitstaff discreetly sweeps the crumbs of aged Beemster from your tablecloth and/or beard. I usually feel bad for the PR ­people, who typically face several cycles of this process, a tedious Groundhog Day where every dinner conversation eventually turns to winter tires or motor-oil detergents. So when the Lincoln people told me they wanted to do a different kind of launch, one where they'd hand me the car and I'd go where I wanted, that sounded appealing. I'd drive somewhere and they'd pick up the hotel, as they would on a normal launch. I'd have more time to drive the car and no time at all devoted to business-casual cocktail receptions in the hospitality suite. Excellent. READ MORE ››

-

from Car and Driver Blog http://ift.tt/nSHy27

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive