Monday, June 25, 2012

Land Rover Evoque's Puddle Lamps Chase Away Creepy Feelings

RRE_PuddleLamp_2
Does anyone else hate creepy, dark parking garages at night? Anytime I walk to my car at night in the airport or a theater parking lot, scenes from horror movies and "20/20" relentlessly play through my head. Is someone following me? Is a creepy, knife-wielding boogie man lurking in the dark shadow underneath my car?

Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but others must feel the same way, which is why automakers came up with puddle lamps. These lights shine down from the side mirrors to illuminate the area right in front of the door. Or it's to avoid a small pool of unseen water. Whatever.

Land Rover's new Range Rover Evoque added a touch of class to its puddle lights.

When approaching the car at night, you simply unlock the car doors using the key fob and a light shines down from each of the side mirrors, illuminating and eliminating the creepy shadow just beneath the crossover's front doors. Now I can see for sure that there isn't some crazy ex-girlfriend of my husband's hiding there.

The Evoque's lights create a silhouette of the crossover. It's just innocent enough to disarm my paranoia, and it adds a touch of elegance where you wouldn't expect it.

Does your car have Evoque-esque puddle lights, and if so, do you find them useful or useless? Tell us in the comment section below.

Related
Research the 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
More Land Rover News on Cars.com
More Automotive News on Cars.com



from KickingTires http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 647517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive