Friday, June 15, 2012

John Phillips: Interrogating Friends, Colleagues, and Heroes Is Part of My Job

John Phillips: Interrogating Friends, Colleagues, and Heroes

One of the perks of  my job is that I can just call famous folks willy-nilly and ask them personal questions, citing my job as justification. Last month, I called the vehicle line exec for the new SRT Viper and said, "I pretty much need to know everything you've done in the last two years." Then I called his boss, Ralph Gilles (Senior VP of Chrysler Design), and said, "Hey, my man, I hear you've got a thing for Halle Berry." Then I called my boyhood hero Hans Stuck and insisted he recall the time that Dieter Quester peed in his shampoo. Then I called Steve March Tormé and invited him to dinner at a Detroit-area sports bar called Mallie's, where he downed a steak at a speed that would have alarmed Iowa fair-goers. "Tell me why you're a car enthusiast," I demanded. He did. (more…)



from Car and Driver Blog http://blog.caranddriver.com




ifttt puts the internet to work for you. via task 647533

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive