Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cruiser or Carver? What would you prefer for your commute?

The Interior Of A True Carver Cruiser. Only $240,000!

Atlanta traffic is an absolute bear.

Bumper to bumper… to endless bumpers. For much of my commuting and scooting through the ATL, I have to deal with an endless assortment of highway construction projects, rubberneckers and the esteemed species of driver that doesn't use their turn signal.

It's easy to get annoyed in this type of environment. Yet I still chug along in a small first generation Honda Insight.

Maybe I have become a glutton for punishment in my middle age. But I do like the handling and don't get too bothered by the noise. When I do find a winding one lane road, it's a surprisingly decent 'carver'. A cruiser? Not so much.

So what about you? Do you prefer a car that can find it's prime in the twisties… even if your road is usually straight? Or do you prefer the sound of silence and the ambience of luxurious detachment?

Note: The author can be reached at steven.lang@alumni.duke.edu



from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com




ifttt puts the internet to work for you. via task 680102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive