Thursday, January 28, 2016

Theater of the Mind: These Amazing Miniatures Prove that Perception Often Happily Trumps Reality

Michael Paul Smith

-

When I was in high school, each zit-bedazzled student underwent a mandatory one-on-one with the guidance counselor, who was bald and terrifying in the way Nikita Khrushchev was bald and terrifying. The counselor asked if I had pondered a career. "Race-car mechanic or drummer for Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass," I responded, which caused him to rap his pencil on the desk, as if trying to break both. "Guess I'll be calling your parents," he replied. But when he reached my mother, she belted out a shopping list of reasons why guidance counselors should hang themselves from lampposts. The matter of my career arose never again. READ MORE ››

-

from Car and Driver Blog http://ift.tt/nSHy27

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive