|
After viewing Murilee's succession of Volvo features, I was tempted to throw my hat in the ring with a very cool continuation on that theme…and I will…but maybe for the entry after this one. In the meantime, I've got a bit of a Bodacious kind of theme going myself, and consequently an appointment with destiny that must be addressed immediately…
I can't remember the last time I'd seen a real-life II Wagon in serviceable shape and on the road "in the flesh"—and just across the street from an equally rare SS coupe, no less! There's a good chance that this was not a complete coincidence; as this more "beach-appropriate" Nova predecessor stands a good chance of having the same owner. In the rather apartment and condo-biased section of Redondo Beach—where these photos were taken, and where garage-type parking is at a premium—it's not uncommon to see storage-challenged car collector folks getting creative when it comes to parking their vehicles. If that hunch is true, I'd guess the SS was probably the most recent addition, as it is fairly devoid of the kind of "decalage" seen on the Wagon—which the present owner has likely owned for some time, based on their genres and apparent aging.
Speaking of rust, about the only really noticeable rust on this particular unit seemed to be that of the oxidized brake dust on the front wheels. Very little body rust could be found, otherwise. Pretty amazing for a beach vehicle! Another unique feature is the missing tailgate glass manual crank. My guess as to the reason for its absence is more about availability than cost; although having not checked the market on such specifics, I may be mistaken in making this statement. At any rate, these "Two II's" certainly qualify as a "Certifiably Bodacious Set", in my book. Hopefully, in yours, II.
from The Truth About Cars http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com | |||
| | |||
| | |||
|
No comments:
Post a Comment